Wednesday, May 06, 2009

not so "Important" things

i have an incredible knack for stalling until the very last moment...this in turn causes the chain of events making me about five min late for just about everything i do.
It IS only five minutes but five minutes late is, let's face it, still LATE.
I consciously know that i do this but still have not been able to alleviate the problem.

Now this typically only goes for things that i am not excited to do...for example; work.
To be completely honest most things that i am excited about doing i am usually early.
Meeting someone i like, getting on a plane(cept you have to be early, but i would even if i didnt have to), seeing a movie, catching a train, I think you get the picture.
It gets even worse for things i really don't enjoy doing. I procrastinate things such as getting my car inspected(which i took care of recently, two months late i might add). What i find odd is that i used to be extremely good at taking care of "IMPORTANT" things right away. Don't know why this has changed? Don't get me wrong... I pay my bills, I have not destroyed my credit, or become overly irresponsible. But i have noticed that priorities have changed. I would rather save my money and go on a trip than use it to pay back my credit card and become debt free. I don't know what the point of all this is...it's just something i have noticed about myself in the last few years or so.

No comments: