Friday, February 26, 2010

i wish life was a vacation...

*sigh* i have spent the last hour or so reading or, more accurately, skimming the blog of two girls a friend of mine knows, who just so happen to be traveling the world for a year. I cant help but envy them. I love traveling. If all i had to do the rest of my life was take long jaunts to foreign lands...i would be completely happy. I love being in strange places, odd little hostels, quirky little hotels, wandering the streets with nothing but a backpack full of the temporarily most important things to me...waking up every few days in someplace new with something exciting planned for the day. Meeting tons of new, happy, light-hearted souls with tons of suggestions on where you should head next.
Don't misunderstand...i love the city i live in, i love my friends, my boyfriend, my sweet animals, but i dream of jumping on a plane tomorrow, and walking down the ramp into a place i have never been. And wandering. ;-)

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R. Tolkien.

No comments: